Introducing English Language 2nd Edition
ISBN – 9781138016194
Edition – 2nd Edition
Author/s – Louise Mullany, Peter Stockwell
Publisher/s – Routledge
Course Code – ENG2601
Routledge English Language Introductions cover core areas of language study and are one-stop resources for students. Assuming no prior knowledge, books in the series offer an accessible overview of the subject, with activities, study questions, sample analyses, commentaries, and key readings – all in the same volume.
The innovative and flexible ‘two-dimensional’ structure is built around four sections – introduction, development, exploration, and extension – which offer self-contained stages for study. Each topic can also be read across these sections, enabling the reader to build gradually on the knowledge gained.
As the foundational book in the Routledge English Language Introductions series, Introducing English Language:
* is an accessible introduction to the English Language with comprehensive coverage of the essential aspects of the field, as well as providing an introduction to key disciplines of linguistics such as historical, social and psycholinguistics, and core areas in language study including acquisition, standardisation and the globalisation of English
* contains expanded coverage of morphology, updated and revised exercises and an extended further reading section
* uses a wide variety of real texts and images from around the world, including a Monty Python sketch, excerpts from novels such as Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse, and news items from the Metro and the BBC
* provides updated classic readings by the key names in the discipline, including Guy Cook, Andy Kirkpatrick and Zoltan Dornyei among others
* is accompanied by a website with additional activities, project ideas for each unit, further guidance on areas mentioned in the book, suggestions for further reading, weblinks to essential English Language resources, and course templates for lecturers. Written by two experienced teachers and authors, this accessible textbook is an essential resource for all students of English language and linguistics.
Grade A, Grade B, Grade C
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.